Welcome to the Data Science Executive Certificate at Notre Dame!
We are so excited to welcome you to the Notre Dame Executive Certificate in Data Science! We have created an FAQ to help you get ready for the program, but if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Lisa Driver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September 14: Week 1 content opens
- September 21: First Live Session via Zoom
Frequently Asked Questions
What technology do I need for the certificate program?
- You will need to have access to the internet, a wired (Ethernet) connection is highly recommended
- You will need to have Zoom installed on your computer
- You will need to have a functional webcam (built-in or external)
- You will need a headset with a microphone and a quiet, distraction-free environment
- You will need to have R software and R-studio, which you will download during Week 1
Are there any required materials?
No, all materials that you will need will be available on the Canvas site.
What is Canvas and when will I gain access to it?
Canvas is the Learning Management System (LMS) that we will use to house all of your materials. You will receive access to it in mid-September along with instructions on how to access the course content.
What does the schedule look like?
Live sessions will be every Tuesday and Thursday from September 21 to November 4 from 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET
Will there be homework?
You will have assignments between live sessions. These exercises will allow you to continue your hands-on exploration of the techniques covered in the live sessions.
Will there be a need to meet with participants outside of class?
There are no out-of-class group meetings necessary.
Will this certificate count towards other Notre Dame programs?
This program does not carry academic credit, however, students who complete this program and qualify for admission to the Online Master's of Data Science program will receive a scholarship for $1,000 if they are accepted and confirm.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Please contact Lisa Driver at email@example.com for any questions that you have about the certificate program.
Follow us on Social Media!